Installation of Stack Breaker®
ATTENTION: This product MUST be welded. Do not bolt, rivet, or cement Stack Breaker® to exhaust pipe.
1. Cut exhaust pipe to the desired height that you wish to lower with Stack Breaker®.
2. Install bottom half of Stack Breaker® over the lower portion of the exhaust pipe. The lower exhaust pipe should extend a minimum of 3/16" above the lower half of the Stack Breaker® unit to insure a leak free seal. See below: photo illustrating installation of Stack Breaker
3. Bead weld three or four places around this assembly using 1/4" to 1/2" welds. Use general purpose rod e.g. 6011 1/8" at about 90 to 110 amperage for the bead weld.
4. Insert the top half of the exhaust pipe into the upper half of the Stack Breaker® unit to rest against the lower welded assembly. Swing the completed assembly back and forth before welding.
5. Before completing the final welds, tap assembly together to ensure that the inside pipe clearance is sufficient to percent binding.
6. Complete the final welds.
Note: Do not bolt, rivet, or cement Stack Breaker® to exhaust pipe. Use welds only. Recheck torque on hinge – only loose enough to move Stack Breaker® up and down. group content Stack Breaker Installation image